Everpoint Services is seeking ambitious, hard-working, and eager-to-learn individuals who are interested in advancing their leadership skills and industry knowledge base. Everpoint’s field services technicians can rapidly grow their careers by taking on leadership roles, as well as gain experience beyond wind turbine maintenance. This role offers technicians the chance to gain hands-on experience from a wide range of renewable energy services such as wind blade repair support, wind blade demolition, removal and recycling, wind and solar construction support, solar panel removal and recycling, solar vegetation management and cleaning services and more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all internal (Everpoint) and external (customer) Environmental, Health and Safety procedures.
- Utilize appropriate safety gear, protective equipment, and control or dissipation of energy sources to ensure work is performed in safe manner.
- Follow detailed instructions and monitor schedules; report any issues or events that result in delay of work.
- Execute plans according to established work procedures and site- or turbine- specific work instructions.
- Verify and document work to ensure tasks are completed in compliance with customer’s requirements and
- Possess knowledge about specialized tools and be able to use them safely while working at heights > 400 ft.
- Properly maintain tools and equipment used to complete job tasks.
- Perform scheduled maintenances on wind turbines such as base bolt tensioning and oil changes at various customer sites across the United States.
- Identify potential hazards and communicate to management.
- Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers, subcontractors, and peers, as well as perform necessary administrative duties accurately.
- Have a safety-oriented mindset; be a safety leader by always following correct safety procedures.
- A strong mechanical and electrical background preferred.
- Basic computer skills required (email, timesheet submittal, etc.).
- Experience with word documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, ProCore, Sharepoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams preferred.
- Integrity to do the work safely and the right way the first time while working without direct supervision.
- Ability to follow instructions and assignments from team leaders and customer leadership.
- Initiative to ask questions when the task or information is not clear.
- Confidence to stop work if an unsafe and potentially hazardous situation arises.
- Pay close attention to detail and always be aware of the environment and potential hazards.
- Work well in small groups as an effective communicator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- A 2-year degree in wind turbine technology or similar field preferred
- 1-3 years of field service experience preferred with operations and maintenances, troubleshooting, inspections, large component exchanges and repairs of wind turbines or other industrial equipment.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of power tools.
- Ability to travel domestically for extended periods of times.
- Willing and able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work regularly at heights greater than 400 feet.
- Able to lift and maneuver 50+ pounds through small spaces.
- Requires working overtime, including holidays and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
- Maintain required training certifications. Everpoint will provide required trainings to employees as needed to keep certifications current.
- Must possess a full valid U.S. driver’s license with no restrictions.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and ongoing screenings as required by customer contracts.
- Medical and dental insurance offerings.
- Paid time off.
- Paid R&R (on standby).
- Generous per diem.
- Company provided work truck, PPE, and training.